May 31, 2021 –
We are very excited to announce that Annamie Paul, leader of the Green Party of Canada has confirmed that she will join us to open our AGM.
Please join us Monday, May 31st, 2021 at 6:30pm via Zoom. You can register via the registration link below:
The meeting is open to everyone. To vote or run for a position, you must be a current member of the party and a resident of the riding. New members must acquire membership at least 30 days before the meeting (by April 30th). If you are a lapsed member, you’re welcome to renew your membership up to the day of the meeting to ensure your voting privileges. To sign up or renew, please visit the Green Party of Canada webpage. The cost of a membership is $10 for one year and $25 for three years.
All members are encouraged to attend and to consider standing for election to the Executive Committee. All positions are open, the first two are mandatory.
- Chief Executive Officer (CEO): organizes regular meetings, builds the executive where needed, and oversee the operation of the EDA. Ensures there is a candidate.
- Financial Agent: maintains the books, issues tax receipts, and files the annual financial report.
- Membership Chair: maintains relationships with members, increases membership.
- Fundraising Chair: organizes fundraising everts, solicits financial contributions.
- Volunteer Coordinator: welcomes new volunteers to the team, manages the volunteer list, stewards existing volunteers.
- Communications Chair: builds relations with media and maintains EDA’s visibility, maintains the EDA webpage and Facebook page, and that constituents hear about and see the GPC in the riding.
- Youth Chair: encourage youth participation in EDA activities and volunteering during elections, build youth membership in the GPC.
- Regional Director(s): informs the EDA of local activities and maintains a list of local contacts to be mobilized at the time of an election for volunteering, fundraising, hosting the candidate, setting up debate opportunities, etc.
If you are interested in filling any one of these roles, please contact me directly as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please find attached the agenda, Association Constitution and Member’s Code of Conduct for review.
These are incredible times and there is a serious need for our Green voices to be heard throughout our communities.
Looking forward to seeing you all May 31st. Please contact me directly if you have any questions.
CEO for the Electoral District Association of
Leeds-Grenville-Thousand Islands and Rideau Lakes Green Party of Canada
unceded Algonquin territory of the Anishinaabe people