The Leeds-Grenville Thousand Islands & Rideau Lakes Federal Green Party association will be hosting our Annual General Meeting Saturday, March 21, 2020 from 10:00am-12:00pm at the Brockville Public Library community room.
We will be reviewing our past year’s accomplishments, electing a new Executive, voting on our new draft updated Constitution and discussing plans for the next year. We would like to hear from you: your ideas and suggestions on what you would like to see, as well as skills or interests you might be able to offer. A copy of the draft Constitution as approved by the current Electoral District Association Executive is attached. If you are unable to attend the AGM you will have an opportunity to vote on the Constitution by email after the AGM.
Please join us at the following time and location:
All members are encouraged to attend and to consider standing for election to the executive. All positions are open, and the first two are mandatory for all Electoral District Associations (EDAs). The remaining position descriptions are suggestions only since specific roles depend on the priorities and resources of each newly elected Executive.
1. Chief Executive Officer (CEO): organizes regular meetings, builds the executive where needed, and oversees the operation of the EDA. Ensures there is a candidate. Required.
2. Financial Agent (FA): maintains the books, issues tax receipts, and files the annual financial report. Required.
3. Youth Representative: engages other youth (30 years old or younger) to join, support and participate in the party and the EDA. Represents youth ideas, issues and priorities at the EDA.
4. Membership & Volunteer Chair: maintains relationships with members; increases membership. Welcomes new volunteers to the team, manages the volunteer list, stewards existing volunteers.
4. Events Chair: organizes events including securing space, planning logistics, working with other members in agenda planning, volunteer requirements and communications.
5. Fundraising Chair: organizes fundraising events; solicits financial contributions.
6. Communications Chair: builds relations with media and maintains EDA’s visibility; ensures EDA press releases are sent to appropriate people and that constituents hear about and see the GPC in the riding.
7. Secretary: Keep notes during executive meetings, annual general meetings and nomination meetings, and tracking action items. Maintain records for future executives to use for reference.
8. Member at Large: attend executive meetings and vote on EDA decisions, as well as volunteer to assist with the activities of the EDA.
If you are considering or interested in filling one of these roles, please let us know as soon as possible. If you’d like more information about a position or how the EDA works with GPC (Green Party of Canada), please contact us. The following links provide detailed job descriptions for the CEO and Financial Agent, the two required positions:
The meeting is open to everyone. To vote or run for a position, you must be a current member of the party and a resident of the riding. New members must acquire membership at least 30 days before the meeting to vote (by February 20th). If you’re a lapsed member, you can renew online now. If you have never been a member but you’re interested in helping to build the EDA, you’re someone we want on board! I encourage you to go to the GPC website or to call 1-866-868-3447 to join.
CEO Leeds-Grenville, Thousand-Islands & Rideau Lakes Federal Green Party Association
If you would like to join us moving Forward Together, please send us a message.